Tuesday, November 11, 2008

everything always gets better.

i am really at ease right now. no longer do i have to be on alert to make sure that my mother is breathing or that she's not in unbearable pain. i went almost a whole week with hardly any sleep, so i've been pretty much a zombie. my mom was released from the hospital this morning, and she is the toughest woman i know. even though i could tell she was in a lot of pain, she wanted to get herself up without much help. it'll take her a long time to heal completely, but the worst is over. we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

i'm flying back to claremont on the 15th, and i am starting to be a bit scared about the coursework that's waiting for me when i get back. my professors have been super nice and supportive, but i can't run from work forever. i have one more month, but i am still not very far in my thesis. i just quit two jobs so that i will have enough time to get everything completed. i know that i will probably not be 100% invested in my work when i get back, but with more time, i can finish everything and get my undergrad degree!

No comments: